Trimec plus for foxtail, crabgras and goosegrass

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Tscape, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a client with foxtail and goosegrass that needs it sprayed. I see that Trimec Plus is labeled for foxtail, goosegrass, crabgrass and even yellow nutsedge. Has anyone had any practical experience controlling these weeds with this product?

2. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I use it fairly often and I have had above average results with it. I don't what your current temps. are in your area right now but be careful, it will cause major burn damage if applied when it's over 80 degerees F. Just read the label and you will be good to go.

3. DMAN

DMAN LawnSite Member

K&L,

I tried the trimec plus up here in PA and the temps got above 80 and you are right it caused major burn damage to my customer's property. Thank god I just spot sprayed the product at just her house! Is there anything I can do to try to rectify the damage already done? Is the grass completely dead? We have received some decent rains after the application went down. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4. I used Trimec plus in 2003 and it controlled crabgrass and nutsedge well. When we used it I sprayed by hand at 1 gal/1000 sqft. We did burn some spots in some lawns, so be very careful with it.

I have some left over, would you like to have it?

Take Care

Dan

5. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

If the damage is extensive you are going to have to overseed. If you are planning an aerification and an overseeding for this property in early to mid Sept. everything should clear up pretty good after that.

Hey Ric, shed some additional light on this for us :D

6. Tscape

Why coytainly! Thanks, Dan.

7. No problem, since its raining today, we can meet up somewhere in between our respective areas. I have a little less then a gallon left.

Check your PM's for more

8. Tscape

Thanks again! I ended up mixing that Trimec Plus mixed with Drive. I'll keep you posted.

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

K&L

Turfscape missed telling us what type of turf he is dealing with. Therefore any advise anyone would give him would more than likely be wrong. Weed Control is an Art and a science and all facts must be known.

10. Tscape

Kentucky Blue. (from seed)