Trimec plus?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Mr.turfguy, May 11, 2005.

1. Mr.turfguy

Mr.turfguy LawnSite Member

Have any of you guys had success with this product? The rep at John Deere says that alot of folks buy it and it works great. One product for broadleafs and crabgrass.
    Thanks

2. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Used it years ago.
    It tends to be a "hot" mix and will occasionally stunt turf.
    I guess if I were to consider it again I'd be sure turf is well watered before hand.

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

You need to pre mix it with water for spot apps, it's not an easy product to keep in suspension but it doe's work well when used properly! Leave it in the shop on really hot days or you will toast some desirables!

4. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

It's just a watered down version of Trimec Classic with MSMA added.

5. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm really not a big fan of that product and here is why:

It only makes sense to use it on a property that is infested with both broadleaf and crabgrass/dallis. If you spray it just for the purpose of removing broadleaf only, you have the baggage with MSMA yellowing the turf.

Just makes sense to me to have regular Trimec and add MSMA to the mix only when necessary.

6. I used this product in 2003 and I will never use it again. If I want to treat crabgrass and broad leafs then I reach for Drive.

7. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Take a good look at the temperature restrictions on the label.....

OR ELSE!