trimec plus

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RSL, Aug 3, 2008.

1. RSL

RSL LawnSite Member

anyone have experience with trimec plus mixed 2 oz to gallon burnt lawn alittle to strong or maybe to hot

2. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes and Neither is likely the issue.

Especially K Blue will get browned from the Plus.

2-3 weeks later it will be green again without the crabgrass and weeds you sprayed.

I Like T Plus.

Too bad it has been phased out, after all existing has been used up.

Pete

3. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Keep in mind it says right on the label that it will brown desirable grasses for a short period, but that they will recover.

4. ro1207

ro1207 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Use Q4 from PBI Gordon. This is a combination of Trimec & Drive. You will not experience the browning you get from the MSMA in the plus and get better control of crabgrass and other summer annuals

5. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I tried Q4 this year and I am pleased with the results. Its a hell of a lot cheaper than acclaim. Plus only one handcan sprayer to spot weeds and crab at the same time.

6. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Q4? it handles broadleaf and crab? I have not heard of it. Does it work on other grass weeds as well?

7. Green Up

Green Up LawnSite Member

Can the Q4 be sprayed in the South(Alabama)? We have 90 degrees plus weather conditions. It seems to be used more in the North.

8. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

Up north I have done 2 apps per property .some tm plus than q4,some 2 apps of tm plus and on some waiting to put down second q4 . The biggest factor is spraying when the grass is dry and sun is out .Did a new lawn ,it was ate up with yellow foxtail ,crabgrass,and barnyard grass .second app of q4 went down a couple days ago on mature mowed off stems .I can see some grass now ,but I went high volume on second app with a skidsprayer and gun at 3gal/1000 because a third of the mowed off stems are drying and hardening off ,but green inside .

9. ro1207

ro1207 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

works well on barnyard, & foxtail also

10. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

I have trying real hard to get the people to water the yard 5 days after applying q4 the first round . Label says 2-7 days after ,but you how that goes .The two that did water their lawn are looking a little better . quin .is also take up by the roots . We will see .