trimec plus?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bobbygedd, Sep 23, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

has anyone used trimec plus for post crab or weed? how did u like it?

2. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I have used it on post crabgass treatments in the past when the crabgrass was young. Good results. However broadleaf weeds the results were not that good, especially the tougher to control ones. I mainly used it on crabgrass.

3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby, You aren't looking to apply now are you? The crabgrass you see now will be dead in another couple weeks and the damage (seeds) has already been done. Unless you just want to take the client's payup ;)

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i applied about a month and a half ago. the reason i asked for feedback, is because the place where i bought it said it did NOT work on crabgrass. but the label said it did. i spot sprayed crab and clover , and in 3 days they were deader than dead.

5. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I used it in 2002 but wasn't impressed. It may have been the drought that kept it from doing a good job or I may have got an old batch because I really had to shake it up because it was seperated in the jug. I used acclaim this year for post crab and got excellnt results. The limitations on spraying temps on the trimec plus also made me a little gun shy.

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i do not like the yellowing it does to the surrounding lawn where i have treated it does ok on older crab and great on young crab
    but i dont like it that much
    have been using speedzone with good results.
    but it will not kill crab only broadleaf

7. sparechange

sparechange LawnSite Member

i mixed trimec plus with fusilade 2 and sprayed my entire yard with it. it seemed to do a good job on both the broadleafs and the crabgrass

8. I used it this year, and it worked all right. For several weeks the air temp was over 85 degree's early in the day, and since the label warns against spraying it when its that warm, I was forced to have some short day's.

I also found that you had to be real careful and not overlap to much. I had some browning and even a little damage where overlap happened.

9. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

On crabgrass, MSMA does the trick. In fact, I believe an ai in trimec plus is msma. I usually mix msma and lesco 3-way for grassy and broadleaf

10. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby,

We've had great results using MSMA for the crabgrass & momentum for broadleaf weed control. Use of course a good spreader sticker too. Even w/ all this rain, we're getting great results on crab, clover & oxalis.