1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trimec vs three-way

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by bug-guy, Oct 13, 2011.

1. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

the lables look almost identical. the 3-way is a little stronger.
    any input.
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

What formulation of Trimec?

And what brand "3-Way"??
  3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Knowing Bug Guys posting Habits I am Betting he talking about LESCO 3 WAY.

Bug Guy

I have never used Gordon's 3 way, But I have used Lesco 3 way on St Augustine for years. The big trick on St A. is to use only a Half oz instead of 3/4 oz ans mix it with full strength Certainty.
  4. Plantculture

Plantculture LawnSite Member

Do you include a surfactant/sticker with that combo?I've got a place I'm bidding that has every weed known to man.
  5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yes a little surfactant doesn't hurt """MOST""" herbicides. With St Augustine I like to error on the side of caution. St Augustine sure isn't the easy turf that Blue Grass is to manage. Dish soap works.

Of course this is a Broad Leaf Sedge control that does nothing for grassy Weeds. Also this is my WINTER MIX that has heat restrictions.
  6. marshdawg

marshdawg LawnSite Member

Ric, I thought that Lesco 3-way is a no-no on St. Augustine. It says "dormant" St. Augustine on the label. It never really goes completely here in S. GA. What mos. do you use it? Just one round or what? I understand the cut rate to lessen the effects to the grass. Are you talking about use on completely dormant St. Aug. Thanks for the insight.
  7. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

Seeing as ric is hundreds of miles south of you and your sa doesn't go dormant I think it's safe to say his does not either
    Posted via Mobile Device