Trimec ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Stuttering Stan, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Cleaning out the garage today and found some gallon jugs of Trimec Plus and Trimec Ornamental. It has been several years since I have used these so
    1. Does it expire?
    2. How much do I mix per gallon?
    3. Are these still popular broadleaf herbicides?

Also I found a quart of Aqua-Zorb CA, what is this used for and how much mix per gallon?

2. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

should be ok as long as it has not been mixed for use yet.. read the lable to find the proper rates or if it has no lable go to their wed site www.pbigordon.com and yes trimec is still used very much.

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

If the product has frozen at any time, it's junk!

4. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I have used product that froze and it worked welll.

5. I personally don't like Trimec Plus, but it is a popular product. Just don't use it when the air is over 85 degrees.

6. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Barefoot, why do you say , dont use it when temps are over 85? I know it says on the label not to use it in the heat of the day, but was wondering why.

7. teeca

becomes volital over 80deg and starts turning to vapor and can effect non-target plants and if the turf is in stress from drought it can burn the lawn

8. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Done anyone know about Aqua -Zorb CA?

9. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Thats intresting. I guess using it in the South during summer would be unwise.

10. teeca

not sure on what/when you treat lawns in the south, but there is SURGE www.pbigordon.com and it's an amine formulation thats good to 90deg. but i don't like spaying when it's that hot. i treat in spring and fall, you have alot more options on chemicals and mixing options.