trimm saw

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by LawnInOrder, Apr 30, 2006.

1. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

which is the best top handle chain saw. i have all redmax products for my string trimmer, blower and hedge trimmer and they are great. I was wondering how there chainsaws are. I have 2 other chainsaws that are huskys, a 141 and 359, which are my dad's. I need a saw from climbing. I was wonder which one i should get. Thanks LawnInOrder

2. palmersfirewood

palmersfirewood LawnSite Member

stihl ms200t is the best

3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Funny you should post about top handle chainsaws. I just used the Echo last week. I'm gonna buy one I liked it so much. I think it was the smaller cc model but, it was a real champ.

4. LawnInOrder

so redmax is out. What is a comparable husky model since they are the cloest dealer. Thanks Doug

5. LawnInOrder

I have had bad experiences with echo equipment, that is why i switched to redmax. I love my huksy but since the redmax equipment is good i was considering trying one of those saws. LawnInOrder

6. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Echo CS330T saws are awesome!

Great power and lightweight.

7. LawnInOrder

any one try redmax. I have a good redmax/husky dealer near buy. I have had echo products then switched to redmax once i had the ebz8000. Redmax has been geat ot me. So what u guys think of their saws in general

8. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

I have used all, redmax is ok, echo has no power, stihl or husky is the way to go. If I had to buy I would take the 334 husy, it is fairly cheap and is a great saw.

9. Andyshine77

Andyshine77 LawnSite Member

Stihl ms200T or Husky 338xpc. The Echo is a good saw, but underpowered. Stay away from the Redmax climbing saw.

10. LawnInOrder

how much should i be payinf for one of these?