Trimmer - $200 most bang for your buck?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cujrh10, May 21, 2010.

1. cujrh10

cujrh10 LawnSite Member

My brother has a stihl thats probably 3 or 4 years old that I have used a little bit. we dont even have much to trim but by the time your done your hands shake like the day after a 4 day bender :D. i'm passing on the stihls for now. although i must say the power was quiet impressive.

2. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

Kawi is a good trimmer if you are willing to buy online. Still consider the Shindy SpeedFeed head.

3. cujrh10

cujrh10 LawnSite Member

4. jhawk60

jhawk60 LawnSite Member
    from VA

I use Shindaiwa trimmers and a Kawasaki blower.

5. Alan0354

Which Kawi blower you have, KRB750? If so, how do you like it?

I use Shindaiwa M242 trimmer too.

6. cujrh10

cujrh10 LawnSite Member

Awesome, thanks guys! I just ordered the fore mentioned kaw off of ebay. the price was about 30 bucks cheaper than the others and the shipping was free. I also picked up my echo pb-255 today. I went with this model because it was compatible with echo's mosquito yard shield system that allows you to hook up a spraying system via back pack sprayer to the blower. it looks effective and cheaper than the pellets that I have to use. i wonder if any commercial guys have been able to sell this to custs yet?

7. RDA

RDA LawnSite Member

If you want a free Echo yard shield system let me know, cost of shipping and it is yours. It works pretty well but I have moved on to a bigger system.

Regards,

Rich

8. jhawk60

jhawk60 LawnSite Member
    from VA

No, unfortunately it is the KRB300A which is nice and light and great for cleanups after a cut but it is underpowered for the fall. I have been considering picking up a 750 for fall cleanups.

9. bigfish5

bigfish5 LawnSite Member

I bought a husky 125L 2 years ago , it has been a really good trimmer , this shindiawa speed feed head ? Is it one size
    fits all? Or do you have to get on for husqvarna?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Alan0354

I have the Maruyama BL8100 which is exact same as KRB750. Love it, light, easy starting, always 2 pull no matter what. As soon as I put onto my back, it is ready. I never test whether I can pull full rpm stone cold...............that is cold!!! So to speak!!!:laugh:

Maruyama make all back pack blowers for Kawi. So if you can get a good deal, go for it.:waving: