Trimmer and blower racks for enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wiseguyslawn, Mar 28, 2010.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Anyone have a good homemade ideas, if not best place to buy them thanks

2. SuperiorService.110mb.com

SuperiorService.110mb.com LawnSite Member

get 1/2"x1/8" stock steel bar and cut to lenth. Put hose on 90% of the cut section, then put the end with no hose in a vise and bend the steel to the shape that best fits your needs. Next drill two holes in the steel where there is no hose and thats what will get mounted to your trailer. The hose will keep them from marking up your equipment and soften the bumps a little. I like to put the main support under the motor with a 2" lip and bent so the equipment sits against the wall so its easy in easy out but stays in place.

3. GrassIsGreenerLawnCare

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

my trimmer rack was only $80 at local tractor supply co. i added rubber padding in the holders to keep the trimmer from bouncing around too much, i just couldnt bring myself to spend $300 on a rack i could of made myself. i could get u the name of it if u were interested, let me know. oh ya, if u dont want to spend alot stay away from the "weld-on" ones, just get the bolt-on style they hold perfectly fine

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

You get what you pay for as they say. That $80 rack is cheap and I don't mean the price. If you could make one like an Extreme Rack then why buy something cheap?

5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Have to agree on this point. Here's a link to the Extreme Rack's web site http://www.trailerracks.com/

6. ALC-GregH

from PA

Rob, when I got started, I read countless posts about trimmer racks. Price wasn't an issue, quality was the first thing on the list for me.

7. Lazer_Z

from NJ

I agree Greg, I bought a set of old school Green touch racks from a member here. The more I look at the Extreme Racks and now that they have a pole saw holder I'm thinking of upgrading.

All I hear is positive things about the new racks so that means the quality is still there. The price isn't bad at all, 2 place and the pole saw holder for under $300.00 with shipping.

8. ALC-GregH

from PA

I'd like to see Grassisgreener "make" a trimmer rack for the $300. The time alone invested to "try" and make one will well surpass the $300 he'd spend buying a nice rack.

9. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

10. Lazer_Z

from NJ

You're talking about these http://www.tractorsupply.com/traile...y-on-trailer-reg-trailer-utility-rack-1025053

They suck, period, I used these when I first started out. They aren't worth it, I'd much rather spend the money on a professionally built product that is going to hold my equipment in place and keep it secure when it's not in my sight.