Trimmer and blower racks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Outlawn, May 25, 2012.

1. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, I have searched for good trimmer racks at decent prices. I have found 3-trimmer racks from $96 all the way into the $220 range. I would like to keep it in the $120-150 range, but I really need to get everything but the mowers off the floor of the trailer.
    I looked at one from Trinity Iron Images that seems to fit the bill at $137 shipped. http://trinityironimages.net/lockable-trimmer-edger-racks.html I like it because it locks all three trimmers with one lock. It also looks to be build fairly well.
    What do ya'll think? I don't have a landscape box yet, but I'm working on that.

2. RELIABLELAWNMAN

RELIABLELAWNMAN LawnSite Member

Outlawn,
    I ordered the Trinity enclosed rack but am going to install on the outside. I will either weld the mounting bolt or install a lock on the mounting bracket. In the truck and trailer forum is a photo with the brackets on the dump box where the racks will be mounted. Hope this helps.
    David

3. BJWLAWNCARE

BJWLAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Try the ones that J-thomas sells. I have them over ten years. I love them.

4. RELIABLELAWNMAN

Outlawn,
    Here are some pics of the racks installed on my trailer. The only problem that I had was the handle grip for the new Echo stick edger was a little fat. Had to trim the plastic protector down. Put the padlock on the top to slow someone down if trying to steal the units. Bolts could also be welded. Hope this helps.

DSCF1568.JPG

DSCF1569.JPG

DSCF1570.JPG

5. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Nice job on the installation! Very clean.

Does the rack seem like it is a good quality piece? It looks like it is, but
    I would like a first hand, unbiased opinion. I will be ordering the 52" piece for open trailers that reaches all the way to the floor. I just wanna make sure that I'm buying a quality piece, unlike some of the crap I have seen and read about. Also, how is the ease of use and access? Again, great job on the install and thanks for the information/pics.

6. RELIABLELAWNMAN

Outlawn,
    I believe for the price, it is a very decent system. I had a little trouble with an Echo stick edger because the handle was a little to wide to slide down into the holder and then swing the locking pins into position. I e-mailed Jason at Trinity and he advised me to gently pull the holder pin outward.

7. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

I picked up the rack'em racks from Ebay. It holds 3 trimers, a blower, spool of string, and a backpack sprayer/5 gal water jug. First year using it, and so far so good. The locks it came with suck though but a for pack of master locks from menards and its holding up so far.

8. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Buy the Green Touch Extreme Series rack and you will realize all other racks just plain suck. The second best rack is Trimmer Trap but it's a distant second. Time is money and the Extreme Series will allow your guys to remove or rack the trimmers easily 75% quicker then any others. It is also the only rack that will not allow trimmers to rotate and twist the grips.

Green Touch makes other products as well but the Extreme Series is the only one that is a home run.

9. tebletlawns

tebletlawns LawnSite Member
    from KCMO

I just upgraded to the trimmer trap racks a couple weeks ago and don't see how I ever lived without them. Locks all the trimmers at once, impossible to leave them unsecured. And the trimmers don't soon either. Don't need to by extra supports like with the extreme racks
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. tebletlawns

tebletlawns LawnSite Member
    from KCMO

Trimmers don't *spin*
    Posted via Mobile Device