Trimmer and blower racks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Outlawn, May 25, 2012.

1. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Extreme from Green Touch are simply the best out there. From their theft protection to the protection of the equipment there is simply not a better rack that I have seen in person. I read on here for years about them and thought well they are just over priced until I ran into another lawnsite member in my town who had bought one of the original proto types for the current model. The rest is history and I seriously am upset with myself for waiting for so long. I have had them for two years now and can remove a trimmer much quicker and make a stop along the route and know that my equipment is going to be there when I come back out.

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I switched to Extremes a couple years back too. I got away from the JJ's. Trimmers aren't designed to have the tubes pinched and triggers get broken easily. Blowers aren't meant to hang from the handles. I saw a guy last month hit a pot hole and both his blowers broke off the hooks and got nailed by following traffic. Like everything else you get what you pay for.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

If you didn't find it yet, the code is "lawnsite1".

I just installed my extreme rack yesterday :)

4. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Another problem I had with other racks is guys trying to install or remove trimmers at those awkward angle would bump the adjuster tube that sticks up up the Shin 260 & 261 on the rack below them. I bet I spent $200 on adjuster tubes over a three year span.

Because the trimmers don't have to be put in the rack trimmer head first at an angle you can also install the Extreme in places where a traditional rack won't work.

5. Orrdc

Orrdc LawnSite Senior Member

You guys have talked me into the extreme, where is the best place to get them? You can get them on ebay for 160 shipped for the 2

6. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Always buy a rack bigger then what you think you will need. You may be kicking your self in the azz later. I always send my guys out with more string trimmers then they need. Most of the time we use two trimmers but I have a rack that holds four.

I would check with Wise but also Russo Power in Chicago.

7. Orrdc

Orrdc LawnSite Senior Member

I have one on the way, now I need to find a good place to mount it

8. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device

9. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Got my trinity iron images racks mounted yesterday. I gotta say they look and operate fantastic. I love the single lock on the trimmer rack. Also, I ordered Tuesday, Jason called and let me know that they shipped Wednesday morning, and they were at my door by 10:45 Thursday morning. Mounted them yesterday and they are great. $217 for a 3 position trimmer rack and a backpack blower rack shipped to my door.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Assuming you ordered the Extreme then you made a good choice and will be happy for years and years to come. Mounting - follow the instructions with the rack to install to allow for proper support.