Trimmer and blower racks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Outlawn, May 25, 2012.

1. Orrdc

Orrdc LawnSite Senior Member

I did in fact go with the extreme, when people talk so highly of a product I tend to listen, more often than naught they were right.

I meant where on the trailer I wanted to put it, I am leaning the front

2. Orrdc

ok it just arrived in the mail today. How fun is this thing going to be to install? The instructions are vague at best, anyone have something better. It would be nice if they at least told me what I do and don't need instead of just giving a gazillion parts and saying good luck!

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

There should be instructions included. Depends on your type of installation and on what trailer. If on open just make sure the brackets are on top of supports to give added support.

4. Orrdc

The instructions on the back of the box as I said are very vague. Since then I have read a thread on this forum about how a guy had one fall apart and took out all of his trimmers. Not super happy with the purchase now, should of read more into it instead of blindly trusting. Hopefully it works out for the better

5. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

With any rack on an open trailer it can be a challenge to get thing firmly secured sometimes. My rack is in an enclosed and has worked great since being installed several years ago.

6. Orrdc

well I got it on....

I feel it is on pretty good, it does wobble when I drive (the piece of equipment that is, not the rack) is that normal?

I do love how easy it is and how I don't have to worry about things getting stolen now, it really is a great invention

7. BROWNS LAWN CARE

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member

8. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

If the equipment is moving you have did something incorrect. If the actual racks are wobbling...first make sure they are above supports first and not just randomly placed, You can do what I did with mine for extra support and security and have them tacked down. I thought about having a piece of metal tacked on horizontally to give additional support at first but soon discovered that just tacking them down was more than enough to keep them in good shape.

9. BROWNS LAWN CARE

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member

well i guess if i could have seen the link staring me in the face 'Trimmer Rack Instructions' i would have not needed post here. but some how i missed it right in front of my eyes... :confused:

any way, it can be mounted on a pipe top trailer and i'm officially getting one :dancing:

those are sweet...

10. WOW

WOW LawnSite Member

I have the extreme rack for my enclosed trailer, but want to hang my trimmers vertical now. Any problems doing that?