Trimmer and Blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tonirone, Oct 4, 2007.

1. tonirone

tonirone LawnSite Member

Whats the best or might I say very good brand of trimmer and back pack blower to invest in?
  2. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

by the looks of your question it should be posted in the starting a lawn business category. there are many good types, you might want to consider a good dealer near you and pick from their brands
  3. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

I would recommend going with Stihl or Redmax from positive personal experience with these brands, but most important is buying from a dealer near you that you can estsablish a relationship with who will be able to help you when you have a problem.
  4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell us more what your needs are. How much power do you need, there are backpack blowers and handhelds. Backpacks have significantly more power. Trimmers vary as well light commercial to heavy duty. Its a broad question as it can be answered 20 different ways. There are many commercial brands for both blowers and trimmers. Most you can find both in the same brand. Try googling it and see what you come up with and post what you find. We can go from there with our personal experiences with the brands that you have found.
  5. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

like it was said befor get blower and trimmers that can be fixed real close.i perfer stihl for both. i have a dealer about 6 blocks from my house. when i lived at my old house in vacaville 30 miles from where i'm at now it was a pain in the a$$ to drive to the same dealer to fix my honda mowers . he is the only honda dealer with in fifty miles . just something to think about
  6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

My first choice would be Stihl, second Stihl, third choice would also be Stihl.
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If you want one that lasts a long time then get the Echo srm-260s

Other than that these are excellent pieces:
    Stihl FS-100rx trimmer
    Stihl Br-600 backpack blower
    No regrets.

Same here, and this isn't really for the new guy because it comes without dealer support, but J-Thomas has the 800cfm 200mph Kawasaki backpack on sale for $400 right now, I would think free shipping... If I had cash to spare I'd be willing to try it, that's even more power than the br-600, just thought I'd mention it.