trimmer attachment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeLT1Z28, Jul 7, 2004.

1. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

does anyone know of a company that makes a trimmer attachment for ztr's? not the clamps for holding a string trimmer, but an actual fold down, trim side mounted trimmer? i swear i saw one in Pro or Turf once and have never seen anything of the like again. did i dream it?

2. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

No I saw it to but I dont remember where it was or what it was called. But it looked pretty nifty. I think it was in pro mag.

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Same here. But I don't remember where I saw it.

4. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you talking about an edger or a trimmer. I saw an ad in one of those mags where there was a side mount edger on a ZTR. Was that it? I may be able to find it if it is. . .

5. BALDEAGLE

BALDEAGLE LawnSite Member

saw one of those on e-bay once.(trimmer)never saw one again...

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

There's a company called 4M. They make a trimmer that mounts to the side of you deck that's electric, or at least it was when I checked into it. It swings out when you press down on a pedal with your foot.

I know they've made some advances on it since I tried one out last year, but they've got to make alot more.

Got one sitting in my garage that my dealer never charged me for, cause it's that good. :)

The biggest problem is there's no up and down movement. Usually you don't have a perfectly smooth yard, still have to trim up the sides of trees, or along a culvert, etc.

Here's the link:

4m Trimmers