Trimmer attachments and stuff for Rops?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shady Brook, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Does anyone have some good ideas for mounts for a Rops system, like a Trimmer bracket, light kit, maybe something for a sprayer or trash can? I am looking for maximum efficientcy, and I now have my first mower with a Rops. If anyone knows of a company other then Jungle Jim that makes cools stuff for rops, I would love to hear about them.
    Thanks

2. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Toro has their Cooltops system, which is a groovy fan that keeps you cool as you mow. dunno how expensive it is, but it's cool. Canopy tops are cool too. Maybe mount both of those to it. The ROPS is metal of course, so virtually anything can be mounted to it with U-bolts and what not.

3. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Oh yeah, a cool canopy top is the Tufftops thermoplast top. They're virtually unbreakable and they're very functional (also easy to remove and reinstall)

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I had the bright idea to put a trimmer cross ways on the back of the ROP's and forgot it was there when I trimmed beside a mailbox. Well the trimmer still works but the shaft is bent a bit.

5. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Hey buddy

I thought of that as well. I would try to mount it on a severe angle to keep the trimmer inside the mower frame, but still see how a close object might still grab it.