Trimmer / Blower Racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Volhunter, May 22, 2001.

1. Volhunter

Volhunter LawnSite Member
    from TN

I need a rack to put on my new trailer. What recommendations on brands do you have? I definitely want to be able to lock the equipment up. Have any of you built your own? I have a buddy that says he can do it for me, but I'm afraid of it looking bad. I'm a stickler for how things look and operate. Any suggestions?

2. mike

mike LawnSite Member

HELLO FELLOW TENNESSAN!!!! I JUST BOUGHT A JUNGLE JIM GEAR CADDIE. INCLUDES- 3 WEEDEATER POSITIONS, 2 BLOWER POSITIONS, & A WATER COOLER HOLDER. LOOKS GREAT- VERY PLEASED!!!

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Were in TN?

I use the trimmertraps. They seem to be good quality and the color matches my eXmarks.

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i see you must be new because you have 9 posts. use the search engine at the top right. there have been countless numbers of these types of threads. some of the best brands out there are green touch, trimmer trap, jungle jims and grid iron by novae corp.

5. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I have the trimmer trap models for various reasons.Just pull the knob and lift up , not a bunch of pins to pull.The trimmer trap also hold the trimmers upright better and stop the trimmers from turning upside down and leaking gas,which was a ongoing proplem with the ones I had from Lesco.

I am having a box built for the front of my trailer should have it in 2 weeks or so.I see alot of landscape companys with these.They measure 2ft by 2ft by 6ft and sit on a set of legs.It is made of angle and expanded metal.The lock latch gets welded right on.It is ideal to hold everything thats normal getting banged up in the back of the truck,tools,blowers,trimmmer line and parts,saws,hedge clippers,gas cans etc,.and it is SECURE.If anyone is interested in one close to me,I can hook you up with the guy who makes them,he operates a local landscape company.I am paying $185.00.Do any of you have this type of box?How much did you pay?

6. mike

mike LawnSite Member

THE METAL BOX IS NICE, I HAD ONE ON MY OLD TRAILER. I PLAN ON HAVING BOTH ON MY NEW TRAILER,RACK & BOX. SOMETHING ELSE THAT I DID WAS- STRAP ON TWO VERTICAL 6" PVC PIPES APPROX. 5' IN LENGTH TO HOLD MY RAKES, HOLES, SHOVELS, BROOMS, ETC. JUST SOME SUGGESTIONS HOPE IT HELPS. I LIVE IN THE MEMPHIS AREA- BOUGHT MY RACK AT THE X-MARK DEALER. IT WAS THE LAST ONE HE HAD IN STOCK - THAT DAY. I'M SURE HE CAN GET MORE. WHAT PART OF TENNESSEE ARE YOU FROM. I ALSO HAVE INLAWS IN KNOXVILLE AREA. HAVE A GOOOOOOOOOOO DDAY!!!!!!

7. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

We made our own. They work great, but we can't lock the trimmers when they are on the trailer.

8. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

I made my own and with the help of my friend who is a metal working wizard i can lock up to 3 trimmers it also holds hand tools and string and it looks great

9. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

the green touch is vinyl dipped, will not rust and will last forever. cost more than trimmer trap or jungle jim, but don't you want the best? Dave g