Trimmer Boot

Discussion in 'W.E. Chapps' started by script, Jul 13, 2002.

1. script

script LawnSite Member

I usually throw a plastic bag over my trimmer and stick edger (on the trimmer trap) when it starts to rain, but was looking into your 34" trimmer boot.
    Usually if it starts to rain I'm already mowing and have finished edging and trimming so the motor has had some time to cool. I have'nt had problems with the plastic melting on the equipment so far, so was wondering if I could get by with the no liner or cotton liner for cost purposes, as opposed to the heat liner. Thanks Bobby

2. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

Bobby,

With the information you gave, allowing the trimmers to cool down before using a cover, either the No Liner or the Cotton Liner (for extra precaution) would be fine. The Heat Liner is required only if you would be putting the cover on the trimmer engine shortly after it had just been shut down. This applies to all the other protective equipment covers as well.

We are leaving for Louisville to be exhibiting at the EXPO 2002 today. All of our products will be there, including the new Grass Handler/Bag Combo. If you have never been and have the opportunity to leave work, try to make an effort to go. You definitely will learn alot about the industry. There are close to 600 exhibitors. It's a great show!

Thanks for your inquiry.
    W.E.

3. script

script LawnSite Member

W.E. Thanks for the info, I'll probably be placing an order later this week. Enjoy the Expo.
    Again Thanks. Bobby