1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trimmer bump head life

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmasterswilson, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I got some big Shindaiwas. They are the same as the Oregon, I believe I replaced the bottoms with Oregon or Stens.

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

That would be why you do not experience the same wear after reviewing this. The stihl standard head has a little button like feed only giving a small surface.
    I might try these as they are essentially the same as the shiny speed feed heads that i have heard good things about.

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You need at least one. Higher capacity, no jamming. That big smooth head glides right over SA with no snagging of runners.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

Echo speed feeds do wear fast but I cant figure out where to buy just the head..?

5. Greg78

This is for the 450 or the bigger head. http://www.edgeandengine.com/store/shi-x472000031.html

Looks like the price has went up since I got my covers last. Still cheaper to buy just the cover, haven't worn out any of the inside components yet, got one that is over 3 years old. I keep two new spare covers in the tool box.

6. BOSS LAWN 2343

Any for SRM-225 ??

7. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

If you need the entire head unit you can get them at your local Echo dealer or I think Home Depot has them too.

8. Greg78

Would need to know what head you got on it to get the right cover. I believe the SRM-225 comes with the U-Turn head. If it is the U-Turn you would need part # Echo X473000000.

9. BOSS LAWN 2343

10. Greg78

Okay Speed Feed.... 450 or 375?