"Trimmer" chaps?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, May 29, 2005.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I was thinking yesterday, while mowing with the rain gear on, does anyone make a set of chaps you could use while trimming?

I've got a set for running the chainsaw when we're cutting firewood in the winter, but those are rather bulky for trimming.

Basically something made out of thinner rubber would work fine, that one could strap around their legs.

I wear jeans all summer, so it'd be keeping the grass from building up on the jeans, or you all that wear shorts, keep the grass out of the hair on your legs, especially you gals. :p After trimming for 5-8 hours straight you get a little grass buildup on your clothes.

Anyways, anyone ever seen such a thing?

I know I've seen guys wearing catcher shin guards before, but that's rather overkill too.
  2. lawnrangers

lawnrangers LawnSite Member

3. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 LawnSite Member

I always wear sweatpants when I weedeat. They do get a little warm when its 90 degrees outside, but I just can not weedeat with shorts on...
  4. work4green

work4green LawnSite Member

I wear snake chaps sometimes, but they do get hot. I've seen plastic guards in some of my catalogs. Maybe you can get a truck intertube and wrap it around your legs? ;)
  5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

W.E. CHAPS

He is a sponsor on this site and his products are first class. I have known him for many years, and have both used and sold his products.

You can buy his products with total confidence.

6. smitdavi

smitdavi LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I wear shorts when I mow, I tried to wear jeans and just couldn't do it. I got way to hot. At the end of the day you can't even see the skin on my legs. I thought about wearing some soccer shin guards when I trim. It would protect me from the small rocks that it kicks up and it would keep my legs somewhat clean. Just an idea though.
  7. LawnMowerBoy48

LawnMowerBoy48 LawnSite Member

I've seen shin guards that look like what catchers wear in Northern Tool
  8. aees115

aees115 LawnSite Member

u should get into a new line of work if you afraid of grass nothing personal. use a blower after every lawn clean urself off problem solved
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have a pair of the chps by W.E.. They work well, and definitely keep your legs from ggetting tore up. Also, the shin pads inside of them slide up a bit to form knee pads if needed. Easy on, easy off, and fast.
  10. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Let's see, weedeater spinning between 5 and 10 k per minute and small rocks, peebles and sand on the edge's bouncing off my glasses, shinns, ears and occasionally my nose, your right don't really care about the grass. But the blower just smears the blood, any other ideas?