Trimmer/Edger help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nick17, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Nick17

Nick17 LawnSite Member

I know, I know, you guys are thinking of another "suggestion" thread, but I just want to narrow down on my trimmer and edger selection. (Husky dealer I go to also has full line of Redmax)

So far for a trimmer I was thinking of a Redmax B200DL, SGC2300DL, BC2200E, OR a Husky 323C.

And for a edger, I was thinking either Redmax, Husky or Echo. (Is it really worth $50+ to get +2.2cc? I see echo has 22.2 and 24.2cc and the larger one is like $60 more..)

I just need some "narrowing" down and any helpful suggestions towards purchasing any of these items would be appreciated.

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Well I know the difference from the 21cc to 25.5 cc was amazing. id say get the extra displacement.
  3. Nick17

Nick17 LawnSite Member

I sure would get the extra 4cc's.. but is it REALLY worth the extra money for 2.2cc's? Doesn't seem too logical to me.

Next year will be my first full-time year.. and I want to get some "practice" with my new equipment before the new year rolls around.

Thanks for your reply,

4. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

323 C trimmer ... curved shaft ?
    not in my 04' book must be a old model
    look at a 326 L straight shaft trimmer.
    maby thay have a 323 L ?

Edger buy a stihl trust me get a FC 110
    4-mix edger
  5. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the Red Max!!!! I love my Red Max BCZ2600S trimmer, it has a lot of torque and power!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Nick17

Nick17 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for your input.

Potchkins, the 323C is a '03 model I believe and is new in box etc. I have been able to talk to the dealer, and he has a few older, unused demo's and that's why I'm asking you guys about them.

I really hate to have a curved shaft, but if I can get it for $100 unused, I can't really go wrong, other than it is curved instead of straight.

Time to do more researching on Redmax.. looks like they're going to be my trimmer and/or edger. This company looks pretty promising.

7. Nick17

Nick17 LawnSite Member

The 323C is equivelent to the new 325CX..

What are most typical brand engines (ie. Kawasaki) on the NEW Redmax's?

8. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

go with the husky 326 L you wont regret it
  9. Nick17

Nick17 LawnSite Member

Thanks for your reply B&B LAWN!

Anyone else for input?

10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I have them all just about, Echo SRM2400's, Redmax 2500's, Mariyuma 260's and Sthil FS-66's and they all work great except the Sthil's seem a little underpowered, but in all fairness they are an older model and used as backups only.