trimmer/edger trailer rack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dbroome, Mar 20, 2000.

1. dbroome

dbroome LawnSite Member

what is the best trimmer/ edger/ blower rack for trailer attachment on the market. some of the hooks are not strong enough (theft)

2. jakev

jakev Guest

I went with Trimmer Trap brand trimmer racks but they broke my stick edger and banged up my trimmer shafts.<p>They were very secure but don't do much good if they bust up your equipment. <p>I would suggest their back pack blower rack though. I lost 2 blowers in the past .. one from theft and one cuz of employee stupidiy. They sit the blower on a flat bed and did not stap it down. They turned around to get it but in KC MO your stuff is gone before it hits the dirt. The first blower got ripped off in a bad part of town and I was not about to chase down a crack head for a blower. Chances are he was packing a gun and its just not worth it. <p>I just quit taking on new work thats in a bad part of town. Im only taking new accounts in the Johnson County area of Kansas.

3. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Jake what part of Kansas are you from? I'm also from KC.

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I have a &quot;whacker stacker&quot;, cost me $90 holds three trimmers/edgers. Its ok for keeping away the sticky fingered kids just passing by but it can be easily broken into with a pair of vise-grips or channellocks. Stay away from this if security is your number one concern.<p>Bill

5. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

where is the whacker stacker online?is there a p#? thanks<br>Nick<br>

6. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Check out the Jungle Jims racks. For around 200 bucks you get a rack to hold and lock 3 weedeaters or edgers, a water cooler rack, and a pole for carrying and locking 2 backpack blowers. Catch them on ebay when they auction off scratch and dent stuff to catch it for 1/2 cost. Stuff is still in great shape, could find nothing but a scratch on mine which I touched up with a spray can!

7. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I have Trimmer Traps (3 trimmer) on 2 trailers and 1 truck. I haven't had any problems with damage to equipment. They operate with one hand and can be locked.

8. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

We use Jungle Jims also. I put foam padding on mine so that it will hold the backpacks a little tighter but overall they are very good. If you are going to the Expo next month they are there and give some decent deals. They are based out of Louisville. <p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers

9. scottlawns

scottlawns Guest

i bought mine from jungle jims also and i got it fromE-bay...they had just a couple scratches but i like it.

10. Martinsworth

Martinsworth LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I have recently purchased some Gridiron from Novae Corp. This stuff is great. It is like a giant erector set. I just add the components that I need. I put 5 trimmers on one side of the posts and 2 blower units on the other. The posts come in all different lenghts. I can tell you the backpack blower holder is easily the best on the market. It uses a sliding locking arm to grab the back of the blower, no hooks to mess with and it holds my blowers so they won't flop around at all. I paid more for the blower rack $60/holder but the speed and security are worth it. The web site is www.novaecorp.com or they have a toll free # 1-800-372-1755. I e-mailed them for a free video (nice CD-ROM) and ordered the stuff about two weeks later. They UPSed it and I had it installed in about an hour. I put an 1.5ft post on my truck and added a water cooler holder. I am going to put this stuff in my enclosed trailer too, maybe next year.