Trimmer guards

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by STIHL GUY, May 9, 2009.

1. nolanjim

nolanjim LawnSite Member

No, its best to learn from experience. If you do something long enough you'll discover things along the way. Eye protection is a must, but if I forget them it's not the end of the world.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. NarNar

NarNar LawnSite Senior Member

I agree its not the end of the world, until you lose an eye...even then it's not the end of the world, except the world will look a little different with one eye down. :usflag:

I see a lot of guys around here no eye protection, no hearing protection, and they seem fine.

3. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah i wear Work tunes allll the time! Music makes the day go by faster.....most of the time!

But i gotta say i dont always wear saftey glasses but i dont usually weed whip or edge......
    Now for fall clean ups i've been wearing them everyday!

Untra vac stuff......
    Leaf loader dust.....

4. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I run no guard. But I do wear safety glasses. Wish I would of started wearing hearing protection when I started about 17 years ago. I can tell you all over 17 years of running equipment that my hearing has gotten alot worse. My wife says I say huh and what did you say alot more. LOL

5. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I will not work without eye and ear protection but trimmer guards they come off as soon as we leave the dealer.

6. FYS777

FYS777 LawnSite Silver Member

Ha ha, that was a good one, it must be the 17 years, she will probably hear those words even more now.
    Posted via Mobile Device