1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trimmer heads

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by rtreehntr, Jun 1, 2007.

1. rtreehntr

rtreehntr LawnSite Member
    from pa

Can anyone tell me what other trimmer spool will fiit into a echo srm-210 trimmer head? Echo doesn't seem to sell just the spool, you have to buy the whole gear head which is costly specially when you don't need it.

Thanks Guys
  2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not get th head where you put the two leads in. i forget what they are called
  3. GFTC

GFTC LawnSite Member

You can get just the spool from an Echo dealer. No, Home Depot does not carry them, they want you to buy the head. They are about $13.
  4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

You can get a shindaiwa speed feed head (they have them in a new smaller size now too) and the adapter kit to fit an Echo straight shaft. Roughly $36 for the large head w/adapter and $28 for the smaller head w/adapter.

Or yes, if all you need is the spool, find an Echo dealer.
  5. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I used to run the Echo heads till now I have Tanaka and their head will fit an ECHO as well the whole PKG is like $35 but say goodbuy to line jamming it is a superior head
  6. seneca county snowman

seneca county snowman LawnSite Member

the head with 2 leads is a oregon rapid loader will fit almost every brand of trimmer
  7. lawn1234

lawn1234 LawnSite Member

Shindaiwa speed feed head universal type.
  8. musician/lawnman

musician/lawnman LawnSite Member

Shindiawa speed feeds.....

These things are awesome! I have em' on 2 of my Echo trimmers. What a time & frustration saver!

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

echo is called the "u-trun" got one last week seems to be pretty good so far
  10. slone

slone LawnSite Member

you can go to your local lesco service center and pick up some universal spools the will work. cost around $8- $10 each. i use them all the time. all my echos and even my shindaiwa