trimmer help plz

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by STRINGALATION, Jun 15, 2007.

1. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

about a month ago i was running a really bad mix almost no oil. trimmer got to wear if i squeeze the throttle it bogs down. it wont idle any more ergo running with no head spinning. now only runs upside down any 2 cents is welcome

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Get a new trimmer. Or get the short block kit for that one. Best to have a dealer look at it, then make your decision.

3. johndeerefan

johndeerefan LawnSite Member

i would say just get a new one

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Whatz wrong with running it upside down.

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Just kidding i had a trimmer doing the same thing this season,i put a carb kit in it no help,it had carbon buildup i cleaned the port and have been running it wide open for a few weeks it has helped it,still not one of our best trimmers but itz okay ,i also adjusted the carb with a digital tach to about 14500 rpms the trimmer is a max 2400.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What brand of trimmer? Take off the starter rope and see if you can easily turn the crank, that will tell you if you damaged the rings when you ran the lean mix. Any adjustment on carb?

7. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

don't laugh but it is a ryobi I ugh thought the different attachments would come in handy it actually is pretty new i would try to return it but my trimmer rack has beat it up pretty bad. i needed one instantly and that was all i could afford so i figured it would be great for the attachment

8. EMJ

EMJ LawnSite Member

:hammerhead: If you can not afford the right stuff the first time. How will you pay for it the second time?:dizzy:

9. Digdug

Digdug LawnSite Member

Pull the muffler off and take a look at the piston and cylinder wall for bad scoring marks. You prolly wrecked it with your lean mix. Pull the spark plug also and look for aluminum color on tip of plug. These are tell tale signs you scored the piston and the motor is junk. doug