Trimmer Issues

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by banjoman, Jul 25, 2012.

1. banjoman

banjoman LawnSite Member

One of my FS-90s wont cut. When you hold it at full throttle off the ground, the trimmer head spins. But when you stick it into grass, the trimmer head slows down and almost stops. The motor continues to run at full speed, but the head slows to almost a complete stop. Why? Bad Clutch?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Could be clutch issue--clutch shoes may not be free on their pivot point.

Splines on shaft or gear head worn, bevel gears in gear head worn---shouldn't be hard to check out.

Slapper sees a lot of the 90's, maybe he'll respond-- if you can pry him away from BBQ grill...:laugh:

3. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

You just about covered all the potential problems JayHawk....I mean Dutch....:waving:
    Nothin better than an 8 hour, slowcooked,rack of ribs..and a beer so cold that it makes ice crystals on the bottle when you pull it out of the cooler...:drinkup:

4. piston slapper

Can.....,Can I get an Amen.....brother Dutch.....:waving:

5. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

You've got your Amen on the ribs--not so much on the beer.

6. piston slapper

Libations arent for everyone...though I have been known to pour a little on the meat while it is cookin....Its all good... Thanx Dutch...
    I was wondering if Fedex could ship some ribs to Jahawkland ...delivering them before they spoiled...They ship lobsters.....Thumbs Up