Trimmer Kills

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by TheChiefsLawnCare, Jun 22, 2008.

1. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

What would be cauing my trimmer to kill on me while its idlin when I walk to the next area to be trimmed or edged and when i go and trun it to edge something it also kills.

2. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

i had the same problem no idea why but i ran some seafoam deep creep through it and it ran fine... so im guessing maybe carbon buildup?

3. TheChiefsLawnCare

no it cant be this thing is brand new. I have had it for 2 weeks now and it has done it from day one. I never brought it to the dealer because I thought It was new and needed to get things working. but now its doing it alot more often. Another thing is when its at idle and i flip it over to edge it kills immeditally. and then when u start it, it starts revs and kills before you have a chance to give it gas. sometimes I am forced to hold down the trigger to be able to start it so it dosent kill on me. i jus tried to adjust the carb and it didnt help any.

4. TheChiefsLawnCare

ooo this is happening on the stihl fs110r, and yes there is gas in there haha.

5. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

what kind is it? my dealer fills, cranks, and runs every peice that he sells. if its been doing this since day one it should have been back at the dealer at day 2.

6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

richen up the high needle on the carb. There's a picture on the guard near the carb that tells what needle is what. It's molded into the guard.

7. TheChiefsLawnCare

Stihl fs110r

8. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

let the dealer fix it. you dont want to chance voiding the warranty

9. TheChiefsLawnCare

yeah thats what i was thinking. bring it to the dealer tomorrow, let em take a look at it and tell me what they think. cause do you know how long the warrenty is for stihl. I cant imagine it being anythin less than 90 days to 30 days. i wonder if their site could tell me. thanks for your help dude. my dealer does the same thing. fils em, and runs em. i didnt actually go and get it tho, my dad went and picked it up since he was out that way and had the credit card.

10. TheChiefsLawnCare

it says a 1 year warrenty. so i should be good. and they dont say anythin about removing the shield voids your warrenty so i should be good there too.