Lawn Care Forum banner

Trimmer Kills

3K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  S man 
#1 ·
What would be cauing my trimmer to kill on me while its idlin when I walk to the next area to be trimmed or edged and when i go and trun it to edge something it also kills.

#27 ·
haha, no im not the best speller to begin with. thanks man, imma go pull that screen off right now. i just looked in the book to make sure i was looking at the right thing and how to take it out since its a new trimmer I dont want to mess it up. you can see where its all clogged, maybe this thing will run MUCH better now that the carb has been adjusted and the screen will be off.

#29 ·
yeah but what is that lil screen there for. other than for the black sh!t, i guess carbon to get clogged in the screen holes.

#30 ·
Matthew, all you have to do is adjust the bottom screw on the unit. The mechanic at joes showed me a while back. I forgot which way but you should be able to hear the difference. It will let it run without shutting off. Don't turn it too far becuase the head will spin at idle and will be running too fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.