Trimmer Kills

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by TheChiefsLawnCare, Jun 22, 2008.

1. M&M Mowing

M&M Mowing LawnSite Member

2 Year warranty, you probably need to adjust the L screw and or the LA screw. Give it a shot, it might save you a trip to the dealer.

2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Last week, a toad.

Also, snakes, rats, and frogs have been trimmer kills.

3. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

OOO lord it took me like five times to understand what the hell you were talking about. yeah ive hit and killed, toad and lizards.

4. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

i think people should read the thread and not just the title before answering :laugh:

5. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

There is a screen in new mufflers called a spark arrester which must be removed. Look at yours and see if it is clogged up. If you leave this screen in you will be maintaining it for the rest of your life.

6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Abd then you go and talk bad about Echo Trimmers....:hammerhead:...Sorry but i would say take it to the dealer it has warranty//

7. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

HAHA yeah I know what your saying. I was thinking to myself about that while making the thread. But no honestly, echo just isnt what it used to be as I have been told and I had bad luck with mine. However, I will say, that my residental homeowner backpack blower pb265l or something, it did handle its load. And my trimmer did get used and it handled its duties when it worked good and I liked it. But when I had problems it was jus endless.

8. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Had the same problem with one of my old Echo's I've been using at home. Used a fresh tank of mix instead of the one my wife mixed. Runs like new now.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If you don't know what you're doing take it to the dealer, otherwise it's probably a simple 1/4 turn or so of the idle stop screw, more than likely it's letting the rpm's fall a little too low. Very common problem, now I'm not saying you're doing it but if this is the kind of thing that's making folks talk trash about one brand vs. the other... :p

10. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

put it back on just to be safe. they do have a one year warranty. they've always been good about warranty stuff for me. they also have a 5yr warranty on certain engine components.