Trimmer line, How much do you pay?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowpart rep, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I think the last roll I purchased with 5# and $55 so it sounds like I paid a premium.

I think that these kind of things can get pricey as they are extras' stuff you grab when you are buying something else.

I should look at making some bulk / planned purchases
  2. ClwFLGator

ClwFLGator LawnSite Member

Well, I just called my local FIS store here in Clearwater and they are $26.95 for a 3# spool (which was pretty much what I was expecting, no offense). I don't know if their pricing may be different in different areas, or if that was an old price or what.

I wish the people who posted those better deals would post their sources, because I can't seem to find any deals like that online.

PROCUTS LAWNCARE LawnSite Member

55 bucks for a 5# roll of Stihl X-Line best line out there! I would pay double for it, its thats good!

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I feel better cause that is what I paid too. I was beginning to think I was going to need to start shopping. I still might but if it works and last better than no problem paying the price.
  5. mowpart rep

mowpart rep Sponsor

Trimmer line sale $32 5lb roll. FREIGHT FREE with coupon.(limited supply):

15% coupon for extended to June 30th!

Coupon code: juneDD12

Thank you Lawnsite members!

15% off parts coupon code: juneDD12
    Daily Deal slashed prices on popular items:
    Trimmer line sale $32 5lb roll. FREIGHT FREE with coupon.(limited supply):
    Thank you Lawnsite members for supporting for the last 8 years. We want to give you one of our biggest discounts ever! 15% off all parts! We are promoting this code on Lawnsite only! This coupon is for you, but please tell your friends about this great discount. We are so thankful for your word of mouth that has spread nationwide to over 63,000 people who now have accounts with us!

*Ends June 30th. This coupon is for parts only. Discount may vary depending on product.
    Coupon code: juneDD12

We also want to announce our "DAILY DEAL". Several times a week we are going to put a super discount on the items you want most. Check our forum on lawnsite each day to see what item we are slashing prices on. The first item is 345-429 Stens 21" Toro Blade for commercial 21" mowers $6.99! (Only 150 available at this price)

If there is a particular item you want to see discounted please post it on our forum and we will try to discount it!

We are also introducing a new Heavy Duty trimmer line $37.75 for 5lb rolls shipped anywhere in the US FREIGHT FREE! Don't forget to use your coupon and buy 5lb of .095,.105,.130 for only $32.09! We have a limited supply at this price so order today!

Thank You!!

Russell Kelly
  6. Salcido Lawn

Salcido Lawn LawnSite Member

7. Tizzy

Tizzy LawnSite Senior Member

i use .095 magnum gator line. at my local dealer i pay $60 or 5#and the stuff lasts forever. a 5# spool of it will last almost 5 seasons.
  8. mwlawns

mwlawns LawnSite Member

I purchase LOCALLY from my dealer at the price I posted, but I have to buy 10 at a time and wait until he has enough to order from them, usually 2weeks from the time I pay to the time he calls and says its in
  9. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Call Darin at the Oviedo Branch and see if that was a special or what. I always buy it from them as they are generally the cheapest around here and I do not have shipping. I buy some of my chemicals that for my shrubs from them too. I am not sure if it is being a regular customer for them or what but they are generally good about matching or beating a price for me if I say something. Generally I have asked enough times about lowering the cost to meet someone that I end up getting good prices and just doing business with them as it is simply convenient for me as it is litterally just minutes from my house.
  10. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I was in there again today to pick up edger blades, needed more line and picked up a .095 braided line from rotary for 22.25. I asked why your location might be higher, paul who was behind the counter said to make sure you have a account with them, inform them of this, as the price will be discounted significantly with the account as they do not sell to the commercial folks the same price they would joe blow off the street.