1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trimmer line, How much do you pay?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowpart rep, Jun 5, 2012.

1. MisterBreeze

MisterBreeze LawnSite Member

Is there a noticable difference between .095 and .105?
  2. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, absolutely, from any one size to another, even if it's just a step up or down the difference is rather noticeable.
  3. MisterBreeze

MisterBreeze LawnSite Member

seems like .095 is the most popular, I wonder why more don't use the .105
  4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

The .105 is great if you are trimming up against very rough edges like iron fences etc, but other than that it has been my experience that it is overkill for normal maintenance of the turf I care for.

The plus of the .095 is that you get more per spool as it is sold by lb, you do not have to reline the spool as often as you get more on the spool with each re-load and it does a good enough job even on iron fences etc that it is a much more economical choice in cost of material and labor spent reloading the line. I do not think I will be going back to anything but the .095 for awhile. My first post in this thread was shortly after trying the .105 and at this time I do not see a need to try it in the near future.
  5. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

In a somewhat related note, I mentioned that I picked up edger blades too, I get a case of 50 untreated for $36 at the same location. What is everyone paying for edger blades?
  6. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Express mower parts 5# .105 $41.95