Votes: 61 20.5%

Votes: 7 2.4%

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Bigger

Votes: 2 0.7%

Trimmer Line Size

81K views 43 replies 32 participants last post by  Willienotnelson 
#1 ·
I use .130 and I got looked at like an idiot today by a guy who uses .095. Just wondered what everyone else uses.

#30 ·
I see the point about it being sold by tin pound, but I use a aluminum fixed line head (not a bump feed) and I pull off 2 1 foot lengths and I only replace line about every 4-5 yards. So I don't use line fast. I have had the same big spool from the end of the season last year and till have over half left. I just like the bigger line...
Posted via Mobile Device
What brand(s) of trimmer do you have and what brand fixed line head?

#34 ·
We only use .o95 for everything and I think it works just fine.

#35 ·
Typically run .095 for regular cuts. .105 for heavier growth, or long chain link fences. Only real reason for going with smaller line is a somewhat cleaner trim. I noticed that turf trimmed with .105 and bigger line browns out more in the heat. Kinda like cutting with a dull blade. Where as the smaller thinner line seems to cut cleaner. Really didn't see much difference between .080 and .095. But the .105 tends to cause a more ragged "cut".

Not many trimmers will spin bigger than .105 very well. And in the hands of a newb, prepare for some busted up stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device

#36 ·
We just switched to .105, I think ill be going back to .095 after this small "trial spool" is gone. My trimmer doesnt have as much "oomph" as it did with .095 :weightlifter:

#41 ·
.095 for me, I may need to try some .080 sometime.
Posted via Mobile Device
Don't waste your money. I just bought the Redmax .080 line at Cox Power. They were out of the .095 so I thought "how much difference could there be"? I'm going to see if they'll give my money back, it's really crap. I'm using it in speed feed heads, don't know if it will work in other types of heads or not.

#43 ·
I picked up a roll of triangle shape .08 at a yard sale for a buck. Trying to use it, but honestly I think it costs me measurable time compared to the Arnold Pentagon shape .095 that I like the best of what I've tried. I have a greenworks 80v battery trimmer. The stock .08 it came with was utterly pathetic, I gave up on it after 5 minutes in an overgrown yard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.