Trimmer Line spool rack ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by upsondown, Feb 18, 2004.

1. upsondown

upsondown LawnSite Senior Member

How many of you guys use a spool rack permanently attached to your trailers for your trimmer line? TrimmerTrap makes one - but I'm thinking of making my own....anyone done that?

2. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

I made one for my enclosed trailer, just got some flat metal bent into a U shape, drilled to hole near end and ran a large bolt through spool to secure. With a large roll of line I only have to change about every 6 months, total cost $3.00.

3. upsondown

upsondown LawnSite Senior Member

beats over $100 !!!!

4. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

You can purchase ones like this for around $25.00 from catalogues and some dealers

r0300181.jpg

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I had one in my old enclosed trailer and it worked nice you never had to look for you trimmer line.Order a new trailer for this year and I might add one on.

6. Quality Cuts PLS

Quality Cuts PLS LawnSite Member

Check out the one that Green Touch makes. (www.greentouch.com) Around $25.00, cad-plated steel, works great, I have used several.

7. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Have one that came with my Jungle Jim's Rack

8. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought about putting one on my rig but am afraid of it unwinding while going to down the road. Sure would be a liability if it happened. How do you guys keep that from happening?

9. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

I too have one on my gear caddy rack. I just put a rubber band around the spool and slip the end of the line under the band. Been doing it this was for a while and never have had the line unwind.

10. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

I have a tiny hole in the side of my spool of line that keeps it from unwinding