Trimmer line - Which is the best?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfmaster90, Apr 12, 2003.

1. turfmaster90

turfmaster90 LawnSite Member

I use the .095 square.

I've heard some good things about the triangle line.

business card.jpg

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like Gator round line. :) ;) :) ED

3. Tried lots of brands and types, but I haven't tried any triangle stuff. But that Sufix stuff cuts like a surgeon. This stuff is twisted, but then again, so am I. Its supposed to be 10 x abrasion resistant (yeah, right), but it does stay flexible, which is key for me. I use the .095” diameter stuff, really slings some schidt.

4. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

.095 stihl brand...i have tried every brand prob know to mankind...second best was that blue spiral stuff but it is a pain in the arse to wrap in the spool...

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The Square Stuff At Laesco Its Green.

6. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

well I know I dont like Echo line...any of it...stopped at Lowes and got some Titanium line...dont remember the manufacturer...in the few times I've used it(cant trim when theres an inch over water every where we look!!!) I think I like it...we'll see.

7. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I've used the Echo line and didn't really care for it. It just didn't seem to last very long. I now just use line from Walmart and it seems to last a lot longer, cut just as well and is cheaper too. As far as the BEST line to use I say just try different types and decide what works the BEST for you. Good luck.

8. Doh!

Doh! LawnSite Member

Suffix (blue spiral line) , yes it can be a pain to wrap a spool, but lower noise; faster rpm's ; and makes my t-270 cut like a light saber.

9. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I ese the Echo line and it works. Haven't felt the need to try anything else.

10. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I've used the square line from RedMax.... pretty good stuff.....
    The Stihl line is also nice stuff........... I have used the Titanium Force line (from Husqvarna, I believe).... I wouldn't use it if it was given to me for free....... just disappears when trimming along stone/block, etc..... it is quieter, but who cares.