1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trimmer line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BO-TY, Apr 30, 2005.

1. BO-TY

BO-TY LawnSite Member

anyone know where i can order .065 line on a 3 or 5 lb. spool my sources can't get it on the big spools anymore.
  2. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... Yes, that makes two of us :eek:. I can't find .115 line in the larger rolls ether :help:.

3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

That stinks, I just got rid of a case of the stuff. They sent me .115 instead of .095. :rolleyes:

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

you mean 105
  5. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

6. Cut

Cut LawnSite Member

I tried a new string out, its called "Pulverizer" from shakespear. Cost me $3 for 120ft. of .080".

It is red and really cuts. Almost cut my finger on it when I was feeling for durability! But that is the string for me, at a price I can afford! I trimmed 3 lawns with it, and it only used probably an inch. Whereas It would take me 3 foot of .65" junk string.
  7. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... Hey that's the way it goes, first your money then your clothes (with my luck) :rolleyes:.

.... Thanks anyway.
  8. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Landscaper supply has all different sizes http://www.landscapersupply.com/ not sure if i remember seeing .065 though. The Landscaper Pro spiral shaped line has been working very well for me.
  9. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I use echo crossfire line.
  10. BO-TY

BO-TY LawnSite Member

Thanks for all yuor replies I use the .065 my echo srm 230's it seems to cut leveler in large areas inbetween stones at the cemeteries i mow.