Trimmer Line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodfather, Dec 18, 2005.

1. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Does anybody know of a 5 sided trimmer line? One of my new customers this year gave me a small spool of it when he was cleaning out his garage since he wouldn't be needing it. I tried it and it was great in the heavy stuff. If it helps any, it was green. Unfortunately, the label was worn off on the side of the spool so I have no idea who makes it.

Any ideas?

2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry Rod no clue, but have you thought of taking it to your local handheld dealer and asking if he can identify it? Might be a good test for your dealer :)

3. rodfather

I asked him about it last Friday and he swore he's seen it someplace. He just can't remember which one of the after-market companies makes it.

4. gorknoids

gorknoids LawnSite Senior Member

Toro makes a 6-sided line. It cuts quite a bit faster and cleaner than the round, but it does wear out quicker, especially during vertical edging. I believe that Shindaiwa makes both 4 & 6-sided lines with Aramid fibers to toughen it up.

5. rodfather

Thanks, I'll check both of them out.

6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I think shindaiwa only makes 4 sided grass attack. the line that I have found last the longest, was rotary .130 vortex line. bullet proof stuff.