1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trimmer Line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Enforcer, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Hey guys, I just bought some Husqavarna titanium trimmer line at Lowe's.
    Is the whole "titanium" thing just a sales gimmick, because the line doesn't seem to last as long as my grass gator line. I use it in an Echo trimmer. Any input appreciated.
  2. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

As you seem to have found out,yes it's a gimmick. The "titanium " refers to titanium dioxide otherwise known as white paint pigment. read the ingredients on a can of white paint-bingo- titanium dioxide. Like you, Itried it and now use oregon gatorline. It is a shame they don't market a truley superior line to go with what I consider an excellent trimmer.
  3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

its easily the worst "pro" line i have ever used. you go tru it like water! i love their trimmers -best i have ever used. light and powerful. best bargin line=shakesphere pulverizer sold at walmart-best heavyduty round=sthil blue/green. best square=arnold extreme(rotary) best multisided=the edege. your mileage may vary. still unable to find suffix mega twist to try
  4. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

personally, i like it. the 95 cuts well, just don't leave it in the sun.
  5. san28734

san28734 LawnSite Member

I bought the Titanium in .105 so I could beat the grass into submission. It's so thick it will barely fit in my Echo, and doesn't last as long as the Wal Mart stuff. I, too, fell for the titanium thing.
  6. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think they make it anymore. :(

I bought some Sufix Invisitrim (square green, i bought .080) should be here soon, anxious to try it with my Edgit.
  7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

iwould think square line would be the way to go on an edgeit
  8. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I LOVE the .080 square line, especially good with the Edgit. It's the best line I've used so far!
  9. hornett22

hornett22 LawnSite Senior Member

husky line works fine for me.i use the 80 all the time.
  10. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

I think that we have tried just about every line and the stuff that holds up best for us is the Echo CrossFire line.