trimmer line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by robbo521, Feb 16, 2007.

1. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

my new trimmer says .095,where would the best place be to get it for a good price.dealer told me last week i think it was like 40.00 for a 3lb spool.

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

you can buy good commercial grade trimmer line at most places that sell mowers even Wal Mart sells commercial trimmer line.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I like the husq titanium. I get it at Lowes. I forget how much the big spool is. Maybe $30?? Someone posted the other day about $15 spools from somewhere......mowpart?

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Arrg, the titanium line sucks. It dosn't last nearly as long as the line I use. And of COURSE the stuff is in the garage and I can't remember the exact name of it... I get it a Lowes and it's pretty pricey, but it's great stuff! I'll look tomorrow and post back.

5. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

The red pulverizor line at Walmart is thebest that I have used with theOregon Gator coming a close 2nd and the 3lb at Wal Mart is like $16 but grab a couple when you see them cause they will only order it 1 time per year mine just put their spring stuff out and I grabbed 3 rolls should last all season as far as the Titanium it doesnt come close to lasting as long and I have used it.

#1 Wal Mart
    #2 Gator Square
    #3 Echo
    That ishow I rank them

6. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

well i trim a lot of head stones sometimes so need some good stuff.

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i agree the husky ti line is weak and the pulverizer line is good but the best for heavy duty trimming is arnold extreme-can get at lows

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

mowmore.com has shakesphere line ...3lb for 24 bux......I have been using it for a few years .....it cuts good, holds up good and Im pleased with it

wayne

9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Don't even give .95 a second thought, go to .105 and you'll be happier. I have been using .105 for a few years now and love it compared to the .95 stuff. BTW what type of trimmer did you buy?

Rob

10. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

i agree one of the best you can buy for the buck.http://shakespearetrimmerline.com/