Trimmer Line?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Apr 6, 2007.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

What kind of trimmer line do youguys reccommend for Stihl fs110 and a redmax trimmer?

Thanks

2. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

I use the 5ibs spool from walmart its like 10$ and since I use the shindy speed feed it doe'nt weld melt itself anymore.....

3. AAXteriors

AAXteriors LawnSite Member

everyone has their personal preference. I bought a spool of husquivarna .95 and it last pretty good for me. I dont really think it has to be brand specific. just by the little spools or packs and try different ones.

4. puddin' pie

puddin' pie LawnSite Member

I use stihl .095 X-line for most. On my bigger trimmers FS-250R I like .105 mow more line (ultar-edge) for my thicker stuff, or a saw blade

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

grassgator spiral twist line from home depot. great stuff. arnold extreme square also great line

6. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

On my FS100RX I like the Rino-Tuff line. It lasts forever! :clapping:

7. leafitalawn

leafitalawn LawnSite Member

stihl x-line....slices through everything effortlessly, resulting in less line used. If you run with the guards off, you can run the string out even more than you normally would with other lines because it's WAY lighter than ordinary .095 string. I can weed eat faster with a fs110 and x-line combo than a good homeowner self-propelled 21" can mow any day of the week.

8. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Oregon Gator-Line 0.95" the only trimmer line you will see me with.

9. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

husky titanium force goes through anything, but throws to many rocks. I've found just for everyday trimming that the employees do the cheaper the line the better. I've had trouble finding the spools at my local walmart though. went online and couldn't find it there either.

10. Duncan90si

Duncan90si LawnSite Member