Trimmer Line

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Splashn93, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Splashn93

Splashn93 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Please Help!!!!

I posted in another section but got only one reply!

I have been in business for several years and had a friend give me a generous amount of .105 unifit trimmer line and was a very strudy line. I have since ran out and recently bought a spool of .105 ECHO line and I am not impressed with this line at all. It does not last long on a chain link fence.

I have searched and searched online for the unifit line and found that Northern Tool used to carry it but the UNIFIT company is no longer in business therefore I am unable to find this particular line.

So I guess after all this rambling I need some suggestions on line that has worked well for you all..... I am running an ECHO trimmer and would prefer a much sturdier line than that of ECHO.

Anyones suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been using the Husquavarna titanium line 0.95" lately. I use it against brick buildings and chain link fences. It lasts at least 2x longer than regular line.

3. Splashn93

Splashn93 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I appreciate the response.

I am very unsatisfied with the ECHO line. It does not last long at all and I thought was relatively expensive.

I actually saw that exact line today and nearly picked up a roll of it but did not know how good it was.

I appreciate your opinion.

4. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

Oregon gator line in .095. Wicked good.

5. seneca county snowman

seneca county snowman LawnSite Member

same here oregon gator .095 awesome stuff

6. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

I've run the husky line .095 wow is all I can say. This stuff holds up like you would not beleive.

7. WoodChucker

WoodChucker LawnSite Member

No contest!
    Nothing beats the Husqy .095 in a bump feed.

For the high wheel string mowers, the Aramid core Oregon square .155 is awesome.

:usflag:

8. mouse

mouse LawnSite Member

Oregon magnum gator line. I use the square stuff and have for several years.

9. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

the new oregon gator magnum TWISTED!:weightlifter:

10. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

i use husqv. .095 but, what i do is put the whole spoil in a 5 gallon bucket with water. believe it or not it will last twice as long .... when it is kept wet it is real strong..............