trimmer line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kooba, Jan 31, 2008.

1. kooba

kooba LawnSite Member

Wondering where everyone else buys there trimmer line in bulk. We have stihl trimmers and are looking at purchasing trimmer line in a large spool. Any info on what type works best rather than purchasing the small spools. kooba.

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I hate to admit it.....walmart has a good 3lb roll of shakesphere for around 17 bux and its good line too

wayne

3. wildbilly1113

wildbilly1113 LawnSite Member

Get the best and get a roll of extreme at lowes. 30 bucks.

4. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

Look at desert vortex made by desert extrusion. I use this and for edging and against concrete and chain link fences and at half throttle works great. There is a sponsor here (landscaperpro.com) who sell their own brand that is the exact same thing. May cost a little more than from walmart or lowes or other "cheap" stores, but I think you will be happier with the higher dollar line over the cheaper stuff. Do a search here for desert extrusion and you will find more info and past discussions too.

5. lonestarlandscaping

lonestarlandscaping LawnSite Member

Stihl makes a great .95 Lime green trimmerline and a 3lb. roll is $20 bucks. Can't beat that. Also if you like .80 line walmart sells a 5lb roll of WeedEater brand string for like $15.00 you can fit like twice as much string in the spool and it lasts forever!!!

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im not gonna start a contest here but Shakesphere is a top manufacturer of trimmer line.....

wayne

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

shakespeare is the best, we use ultratwist, but it is the same as desert extrusion. it cuts great and reduces drag, which gives better power where it matters