1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trimmer line ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, May 29, 2008.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have a always ran .095 line in 5lbs spools for around $20 at my local bomgaars store. Better deal when they offer 17% off and i buy 3-4 spools of line.

They no longer carry the spools. I have a few samples from the GIE show this past fall and they are RINO-TUFF .095 and GATORLINE .095. The RINO is ok but I like my other line better. I have not yet used the GATORLINE but will try that out tomorrow after a day long rain delay and 3 inches of water.

What do you guys use? Do you order it? Dealer? Local farm supply store (like me)

I do a cementary and a 40 acre complex. There we switch the line to one grade heavier - forget the numbers though.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

3. chammons

chammons LawnSite Member

.105 gator all the way!!!!
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Keep in mind if trimmer cord sits around it can get brittle so I tend to stick with dealer stuff.
  5. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

.95 shakespeare pulverizer line from walmart. its served me better than all the others i've tried.
  6. CrownlawnCare

CrownlawnCare LawnSite Member

.095 echo line in large spool. Works well and I use so much of it that the line never has a chance to get brittle. :usflag:
  7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

8. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

husqvarna titanium!!
  9. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I bought a new Red Max trimmer. It had some red line in it that looked like a licorice twist. I'd like to know where to get some. It cut good, and lasted a looooong time.
  10. N.TX

N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

I just bought a big spool of the red twisted. It is made by redmax and i got it from my redmax dealer. Good stuff so far. If your redmax dealer doesnt carry it just ask him to maybe they will order some.