Trimmer line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tsh1773, Aug 6, 2004.

1. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm positive that this question has been asked many times here but to avoid the research here it goes:

Whats the best trimmer line (.095 and .105) for the money for echo and where can I get it?

I currently use the echo line found at HD but was wondering if there is something better out there I should know about.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

No kidding, asked like yesterday. Gator Magnum 095 is great stuff.

3. tsh1773

Who has the best deal on it?

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Deal, deal, deal.

I don't know. I get it from whichever local dealer has it in stock when I'm ready to buy it. It last a long time so its not often I need it. I get the 5 lb spools. Don't worry about the "best" deal, worry more about getting very high quality stuff that will last and make you money. Efficiency, time, and quality should be your concern. Not saving a couple of bucks. Save a couple bucks now can and usually does cost you more in the long run.

5. FreshCuts

FreshCuts LawnSite Member

Cant find it at any dealers around here. Can you buy it online if so where.

6. tsh1773

I'm truly not worried about saving a couple of bucks. Instead of asking for the best deal maybe I should have said: Do you get it from a local dealer or is there an online supplier?

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, I got several dealers around here that are Oregon dealers. They all carry or can get it. You can access Oregon's site at the top of this page. I believe they can tell you were a dealer is.

8. dustin ward

dustin ward LawnSite Member

i swear by gatorline,once i used that i never went back to echo line

9. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Gator .105 for me... You should spend @ $30 for a 3lb spool.. Lasts a looong time.