Trimmer line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by columbiaplower, May 20, 2000.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

what size do you use? i have .90 in two of my trimmers and .105 in the other two.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We use .095 Echo string in ours. It's made locally.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

3. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

095 square line in the 2601's and 105 square in the 3100.

4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

the ole homelite st-275 uses .095. I like weed terminator trim line. available at your local home depot, of course.<p>eric--please tell us about your string that's made locally.<p>GEU

5. lawnnut

lawnnut LawnSite Member

105 in our Red Max<br>It will take down anything<br>

6. mountain

mountain LawnSite Member

.080 hard to find though have to special order

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Geogunn, you asked for more information. We use Echo .095 Cross Fire line that is has an address of Lake Zurich, Il. It is in the shape in a + formation and each of the 4 sides are wide enough so each 4 sides have 2 sharp edges, for a total of 8 cutting edges. It is sharp enough so that when we string a trimmer spool, we wear leather cloves when winding it on the spool. We have used it for around 8 years and like it a lot. The Part Number is 314095053. We buy it in a 3 lb. spool.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

thanks eric! it's also available at your local home depot!<p>GEO

9. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I also use Echo trimmer line. I get it at Home Depot. I like the .80 on a Shindaiwa T-230. I tried .95 and thought it bogged down too much. <br>