1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trimmer mate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawman, Mar 10, 2001.

1. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

Has any one used the trimmer mate my Jungle Jims or anything like it? I am looking for some way to carry a line trimmer on board my ZTR with me so that I do not have to make a trip back to the truck to get it. Any help would be great. Thanks.
  2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

The easy way is to get a little curved shaft
    craftsman or something .Its short so can be straped to back w bungee cord.Sure is lite and easy on ya.As always stihl 50-1 and high test and it cuts like the high priced spread.
  3. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm actually in the process of fabricating a trimmer holder for our walkbehinds - seems to really be a good wy to increase productivity. I'm just going to get the welder out and go at it with some angle iron and drills. Let you know how it works.
  4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Why doesn't someone make a trimmer that has an adjustable shaft on it that slides in and out like a compact unbrella? It would work better for different height users too. These would be easier to store on a WBH or ztr and easier on the trailer too. It could have either a clicker or a twist and lock adjustment. I might have to do some playing around with an old trimmer.
  5. LScom Addict

LScom Addict LawnSite Member

Just tie it down underneath the seat. And then untie it when you need it. This should keep you mowing freely and not take up space next to the decks.