Trimmer opinions!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4curbappeal, Apr 14, 2008.

1. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking for a lighter weight trimmer to use on my weekly maintained accounts! I'm not looking for something w/ 40cc of power(already have trimmers for those jobs), nor am I looking to spend $350(already have trimmers that cost that). Just looking for something light that I can grab off the rack and do some minor trimming! I currently have 4 or 5 echo trimmers, but wouldn't mind trying something new like Red Max, Tanaka or even Kawi! Been down the Stihl road before! Thanks!

2. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Try a RedMax TR2301. Only weighs 9lbs and has a one year commercial warranty. They sell for $289.95 here.

3. davidcentralflorida

davidcentralflorida LawnSite Member

for just the reason you say. in fact i think its a 2100, it still has the carb you can adjust. this is my speedster. IF and thats a big if, i hire a trimmer, they use an echo 260. i keep the small echo for my use only. it handles like a dream, starts first pull, must be four pounds lighter than the comercial use trimmers. it is the smallest straight shaft they make, i think. i have had it for five years, runs like a champ.
    funny thing is, i got it used from a yard sale, i figured for like 30 bucks itll be a back-up. once i started using it, i was sold. there will always be a spot on my rack for it or one just like it. i look at the job, if it need the power i grab the 260, if not, i grab the speedster. hope this works as well for you, david

p.s. iv seen them as low as 179.00, mostly the run 199.00

4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the Echo 251. has plenty of power, light weight, and has the old style carb. If your in good with your dealer you can pick it up for around $189.

5. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the Tanaka 230. It's 10.2lbs. WITH the guard and head. A lot of manufacturers will tell you a low weight but it often doesn't include these two things.

And it a well balanced, awesome trimmer.

6. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

get a shindaiwa 242, i saw them for 250$ i think

7. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Where, I'd like to get some at that price? Thanks

8. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Husqvarna 326L on sale constantly for $269 here. 10.2lb. 25cc.

9. bard

bard LawnSite Member

Robin has some of the lightest weight trimmers out there. I just bought the 2250 for 269.00. you can hold with one finger no problem. Robin also makes a 2050 for 217.00. The 2450 is more expensive at aroung 320.00. The Robin trimmers are easy to start and has a great power to weight ratio. Find a dealer near you and try one out.

10. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

That's an incredible price. Great trimmer, too.