trimmer question what to get

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by epc, Sep 13, 2001.

1. epc

epc LawnSite Member

I need to purchase a new trimmer. I have both redmax and shindaiwa dealers close to my house. I have narrowed the search between the redmax 225bl and the shindaiwa t260. If any one has used or has any input which one is better for the money please let me know.

thank you

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We tried both brands back in 1994 and ended up buying Shindaiwa trimmers. They have held up great.

We have a Shin blower and a Red Max, both are great.

3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

A friend of mine and I both have Redmax BC2300DL trimmers and they have been excellent. He has the hedge trimmer attachment
    for these trimmers and it's great for trimming those tall shrubs. I also own a Redmax back pack blower and a Redmax hedge trimmer. I also own a Redmax hedge trimmer & a Redmax back pack blower. I highly recommend Redmax equipment. :) ;) :) ED

4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

All our two-cycle equipment is Shindaiwa, including the T260. Have not had any problems with Shindaiwa and plan on sticking with them in the future.

5. Hoosier Mower

Hoosier Mower LawnSite Member

I'd highly consider the Echo commercial trimmers also, we have 5 of them and they are awsome!!

6. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I will be replacing some of my 2 cycle stuff next year. I may try the Husqvarna 325L, but am leaning toward the Redmax. I got a Redmax BP blower last year and it's been great.

7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I must agree with LoneStar. Shindaiwa is the Shizzle! Been using them for years.

Although I question whether it's worth the extra few bucks to get the T260. We have all T230s and we work them HARD. I've never had a need for anything stronger. The T230s as strong and reliable as heck.

shindaiwa.jpg

8. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I've only had my used T230 for a day and a half, but would have to agree with you based on yesterday's performance!
    Jay

9. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

We have the t-270...awesome machine outpowers all the other trimmers we had. Almost got a second theother day but iw ant to take a closer look at the kawasaki units. They have one awesome handgrip which would be a lot easier on my guys for the long days at the complex.

10. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

I, too, think Shindaiwa (and other companies) makes a very good trimmer. Many of you have probably bought these because of the weights specified in the literature, but how many of you have ever weighed them and compared this figure with the weight listed in the brochures? Do it sometime and then, just for kicks, start removing handles, shields, heads etc. to see how far you have to go to get to the "advertised weight." Many companies do this with their equipment and the reason they do is because they are never called on it. Always check fine print in the brochures and don't take their word for it! :angry: