1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trimmer rack for round rails?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by matt1487, Mar 7, 2008.

1. matt1487

matt1487 LawnSite Member

My top rails on my trailer are round. Does anyone know of a trimmer rack that will fit these, or anything I could do? thanks
  2. matt1487

matt1487 LawnSite Member

Anyone know?
  3. markh1

markh1 LawnSite Member

Iwould like to know the answer to the question also because mine are round to
  4. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the same type of "pipe top" rails that you have and I installed racks from Preco Distrubitors http://precoparts.com

I installed them using 1/2 bolts, drilling into the side supports only and not into the actual pipe top support...hope this helps!!!
  5. slawn

slawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have pipe rails too, I just welded some angle iron to the pipe, then drilled the holes through the angle iron and the pipe.
  6. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

ya just like he said. if you get a piece of angle. put it so the sides run down the sides of the pipe. move it and put a level on top so the angle iron is parallel to the pipe on the trailer. play with it until the pipe has no wobble. that means the angle is on the pipe flush. some tube is welded together. pipe is solid and extruded when they make it.

anyway some pipes or tubes have a high or low spot on the outside diameter