Trimmer Rack for Truck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by River Hill, Jan 3, 2003.

1. River Hill

River Hill LawnSite Member

I was saw a picture of a Trimmer Rack that is mounted in a pickup truck. I was thinking of installing one in the vertical slots. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this or remember seeing a picture of this? I can't find the catalog and can't remmber the name of the company who was selling it. Thanks in advance.

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

www.trimmertrap.com They make pick up mounts. I only have one hesitation, and i could be wrong on this. If you were to mount the rack in both pockets, i think the racks would be too spread out, and even if the trimmer would fit in that lenght, which i dont think it will, you will have shakey racks. id think youd have to mount them a little closer so they dont swivle and flex as much. somebody tell me if im wrong on that?

Heres another rack you could make fit too:
    http://www.green-touch.com/item13850.ctlg

3. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Hey DOnt forgt to check out Gridiron system from www.novaecorp.com

All of these systems will have to be mounted inside the bed to the top rail and the floor in order to give adequate support. And that is how most of these are designed from what I have seen.. Check the sites to see what mounts how.. But I think the green touch one may just mount to the rails, the trimmer trap is how I mentioned and the Gridiron could be done either way ? Good luck.. And let us know what you deciede and why..

4. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA