1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trimmer Rack Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky03, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

I need to get trimmer racks for my trailer. I want good ones that will not be a pain to open and unlock. They will be screwed into wood. My dealer sells trimmer trap stuff. It is expensive, but looks like high quality stuff. I have also been looking at this one.
    http://www.precoparts.com./moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=1015&CFID=425382&CFTOKEN=22804477
    What are you guys using. Remember these will be mounted on 2" x 8" if that makes a difference.

Thanks... :)

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out e-bay. I've seen some pretty good ones on there for good prices.

3. Husky03

I have already check Ebay, but I did not find much. What makes some better than others? What makes a good trimmer rack?

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess it depends on what you like. Some racks are coated with vinyl paint, some are not. Some have individual locks for each trimmer, and some have a slide on one piece that opens all 3 slots at the same time, and only use one lock. Some fasten to your trailer differently than others.

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I fabricate all of my own racks, to whatever specs fit the application. Lockable, open, enclosed etc. Maybe check out a local iron shop, could save yourself a bundle. I have actually thought about making some and selling them in the off season. :)

6. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

greentouch, pricey but very nice....

7. razorman

razorman LawnSite Member

I use a Buyers rack,holds 3 trimmers,lockable. I really like it

8. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Greentouch are a pain in the rear if you ask me. Too many clips/locks. We have another(not shure of name) but it is red and it is much easier. Simple one lever to release 2 trimmers. Maybe someone can give you the name.

9. Husky03

I do not think the Green Touch rack will mount up the way I need it to on my tralier.

10. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have all Trimmer Trap racks. They are simple to use with no pins to forget to put in. They lock with one lock and are made to last.