Trimmer Rack Problems?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lgyardservices, May 13, 2008.

1. lgyardservices

lgyardservices LawnSite Senior Member

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has ever had problems with their trimmers being damaged in the rack? On mine, one of the engines fell off the entire shaft when it was in my rack. The 2 "holders" on the rack are just normal like everyone elses and hold the trimmer on the shaft right next to the motor. It seems like the weight of the engine just hanging by itself seemed to just completely break off the shaft. Has anyone ever had this? how do i fix it cause at the moment, im not even using my $200 racks. :cry:

any advice would help! thanks
  2. XterraJohn

XterraJohn LawnSite Member

When you're USING the trimmer, isn't the engine just hanging off of the shaft, or do you have some way of supporting it? It sounds like the bolts that clamp the engine to the end of the shaft may have been loose. I've noticed on some of mu equipment that if the bolts get loose, the engine can rotate around the shaft a little.

I hope it didn't cause any damage to the engine when it fell off...
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No, never had any of these problems, not even once.

Then again I don't have a trimmer rack.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I've been using the same Trimmer Trap rack for years and never had a problem with an engine rotating or breaking the shaft off. You do know you're not supposed to go 4 wheeling with your rig right? :)