Trimmer Rack question please read!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOWEMJEFF, May 10, 2008.

1. MOWEMJEFF

MOWEMJEFF LawnSite Senior Member

I got my trimmer and blower racks last week and was gonna try and put them on this afternoon. I was thinking put them both on passenger side so you won't be standing in traffic when unloading/loading. I was gonna put the trimmers facing out at the front of the trailer and the blower rack facing out near the axle. What does everyone else do? I've done some searches but got way too much on my plate to sit at the computer so any feedback would be great. It's a 14foot open trailer by the way. I also have a tool rack but i'm putting that in the front middle so i can use it as a guide when backing up to trailer.
    Thanks!

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i have a cage on the front of my trailer, so my trimmer racks are right over the axle. if i were you i would consider a cage for my blower rather than a rack. for the money you can lock and protect a lot more equipment and all the hand tools we love, it also reduces clutter.

3. MOWEMJEFF

MOWEMJEFF LawnSite Senior Member

Ya I'd like a jungle trims trailer mate or something along those lines eventually. My old company went to enclosed trailers and had a bunch of the old racks kicking around so I didn't pay for them. I guess I'm gonna wait till tomorrow to put them on after a little more feedback please!?!?

4. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i like them facing out, its less clutter on the trailer and easier to grab one to trim or edge anything that you missed.

5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

If you have a practice of parking your rig facing the oncoming traffic, then putting them on the driver side isn't a problem !!

6. mjlcare

mjlcare LawnSite Member

i have a cage on the front and a rack on the drivers side cause i like not having to worry about opening my door to oncoming traffic so i step in my customers yard not into the street